Welcome to our School Council
At Grindon Infant School we are proud to have pupil representatives from each class that take part in School Council meetings. The School Council is in place so that pupils have a voice and are involved in decisions about the school that affect them. Through the School Council all pupils have the opportunity to raise issues, share ideas and take part in discussions that involve all of their classmates in reaching a democratic solution. Pupils at Grindon Infant School know that this is their school and their thoughts and ideas matter.
- School Council Representatives are nominated and then voted in by their class mates – they are not chosen by their teachers.
- Elections are held at the beginning of each school year.
- Each class has a book to record issues, concerns, worries or ideas that they wish to discuss at the School Council meeting.
- School Council Meetings are held monthly.
- Discussions are then reported back to each class by the representatives and discussions/ideas brought back to the next School Council Meeting.
Some examples of things that have been discussed/ decided through the School Council:
· Toys/activities to be purchased for the yard
· School lunch menu
· Lunchtime rules
· Attendance rewards
· Behaviour rewards
Please meet our new School Council Members for 2020/2021
Class 1 –
Class 2 –
Class 3 –
Class 4 –
Class 5 –
Class 6 –