EYFS (Nursery & Reception) Curriculum
In the EYFS pupils follow the new statutory guidance which centres on areas of learning:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development – learning about themselves and others.
- Communication and Language – to express themselves and develop speaking and listening skills.
- Physical Development – to develop their coordination, control and movement and help pupils to make healthy choices.
- Literacy – to link sounds and letters to begin reading and writing.
- Mathematics – to improve their skills in counting, using and understanding numbers, calculation; and describing shapes and measures.
- Understanding of the World – to explore, observe and find out about people, places, technology and the environment.
- Expressive Arts and Design – exploring, making, creating and sharing thoughts and ideas in art, music, movement, dance, role-play and design technology.
Key Stage 1
Our Key Stage 1 pupils follow the National Curriculum. We place emphasis on speaking and listening. In our reading programme we give each pupil the opportunity to enjoy books. Pupils experience a wide variety of reading material at different levels of complexity, so that they can become competent and fluent readers. Pupils are encouraged to choose books to take home to read to their parents.
Further information can be found in the Developmental Matters in EYFS document below:
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.