At Grindon Infant School, we will advertise any job vacancies on our website. For further information about any of the items shown in this section, please contact the school office.
We currently have 2 job adverts, one for a SENDCO/Year 2 Class Teacher and one for a Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant. Please see adverts and application forms below.
Full Time Permanent: SENDCo + Year 2 Class Teacher
Pay Scale: Main Pay Scale/Upper Pay Scale + TLR 2b( £4,786)
Required for April 2022 or earlier if possible
The Governors are seeking to appoint an experienced, highly motivated and innovative Teacher to join our team. The successful candidate will be required to work initially in Year 2 and have responsibility for Special Educational Needs and Disability. They will also be an integral part of the Senior Management Team.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is an outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations of all children and be proficient in planning, assessment and target setting
• Be committed to the inclusion of all children and have an excellent knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice
• Have experience in the role of SENDCO
• To have achieved the National SENCO Award or be registered and already working towards achieving the Award
• Will become part of the school’s Designated Safeguarding Team to support the safeguarding of children across the school
• Be able to work collaboratively with all colleagues
• Be committed to working in partnership with parents and other agencies
• Be a strong leader, who is committed to providing the highest standards of provision for SEND children and an excellent up to date knowledge and understanding of the Early Years and Key Stage 1 curriculum
• Is committed to continuous school improvement and contributes to school self evaluation
• Be willing to be involved in the corporate life of the school, supporting the informal as well as the formal curriculum.
We can offer:
• Fantastic children who deserve the very best opportunities
• Supportive, hard-working colleagues and governors who care passionately about our school and community
• Dedicated leadership time and opportunities for future career development
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed on Wednesday 24th November at 1:30pm. Please confirm your attendance with the school.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a criminal record check from Criminal Records Bureau.
Grindon Infant School safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
Application packs are available upon request by emailing email@example.com. Completed applications should be returned to Grindon Infant School, Gleneagles Road, Grindon, Sunderland, SR4 9QN
Closing date: 29.11.21
Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant
Grade 1 – point 13
7.5 hours per week (11.50 am – 1.20 pm or 11:30am- 1:00pm)
Term Time only (38 weeks)
Required for as soon as possible
The Governing Board wish to appoint a Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant to join our team to help supervise and engage children in activities during the lunchtime break. The successful applicant must be willing to undertake first aid training.
A good understanding of caring for children and the ability to work as part of a team is essential. You will be expected to supervise children whilst eating their lunch and then engage children in play activities and to be pro-active in ensuring safe and constructive play/sport is encouraged.
Please note – a large proportion of this post involves being outdoors, and standing/walking for the duration of the lunch period. Candidates should therefore consider the physical demands of the role prior to applying.
• An outstanding lunchtime supervisor who always puts the children’s
• Able to support the personal, social and emotional development of the
• Able to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality?
• Caring, kind, calm and dedicated to helping children?
• Committed to achieving high standards of positive play and behaviour?
We will offer:
• A dedicated and supportive team of staff,
• Opportunities for further professional development,
• Friendly, positive and well-behaved children,
• The opportunity to make a difference!
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Grindon Infant School safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
Application forms and a job description are available to download from the school website: www.grindoninfantschool.sunderland.sch.uk.
Completed applications should be returned to Grindon Infant School, Gleneagles Road, Grindon, Sunderland, SR4 9QN
This post is not open to job share.
Closing Date: Monday 1st November
Shortlisting Date: Tuesday 2nd September
Interview Date: Monday 8th November
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.